The 2020 edition has been launched.The deadline for submission of your application form is 8 May 2020
Agenda of the 2020 edition
- Launching ceremony: 28.02.2020
- Deadline for applications: 08.05.2020
- Pre-selection of the applications and transmission of invitations to submit the detailed proposals: June 2020
- Submission of the detailed proposals: 11.09.2020
- Final selection of the projects and co-financing granting: November 2020
THE CALL FOR PROJECTS
Submit your project
The selection process is carried out through a call for projects organised in two phases.
Participation in this call for projects is open on equal terms to any Luxembourg or European private individual company or consortium of companies satisfying the minimum administrative eligibility conditions.
- Call for proposals: the project lead is asked to complete the downloadable application form
- Once the proposals have been selected, the project lead will have approximately two months to submit a "detailed proposal presentation"
In the first part of the form, the project lead briefly describes his company and its activity as well as his experience in developing countries. He must also detail his social responsibility (CSR) programme and/or his environmental, social and/or good governance commitments. As regards human rights, the principle adopted is that the project lead “should avoid infringing the human rights of others and remedy any negative impact on the human rights in which they have a part”. A formal commitment to respect the United Nations guidelines on business and human rights is considered an advantage. In the second part of the form, the project lead will draft a concept note presenting the project and the proposed partners. The concept note should specify how the project responds to an existing issue in the country of implementation. The partnership proposed, the link to at least one Sustainable Development Goal (SDG), the innovative nature of the project, the transfer of technology and/or know-how, the potential for job creation, the impact of the project on green and inclusive growth are all criteria that will be taken into consideration in the selection of the projects.
For successful applications, the project lead will have approximately two months to submit a "detailed proposal” providing a more precise presentation of the project, in particular through a value proposal containing a business plan and indicators related to the impact of the project in the implementation country. The support granted by the BPF must indeed contribute to the achievement of the SDGs through green and inclusive growth, job creation or technology transfer. The following criteria will also be taken into consideration when proceeding to the final selection of the projects:
- the innovative nature of the project;
- the economic viability of the project;
- the partnership with the local partner, and mainly the common interest between the partners and the mutual accountability;
- the expected results and associated indicators;
- the principle of additionality of co-financing by the BPF;
- the neutrality (not create distortions in the targeted market);
- the demonstration effect and replicability;
- the compliance with social, environmental and fiscal standards;
- the formal commitment to respect the Human rights.
Once the detailed proposals have been selected, a co-financing agreement with the leads of the successful projects will be established.
Find out if you are eligible for the BPF and download the application form, which is available in French or English and can be filled in either in French or English.