Lead partner : Jway
Local partner : Maison de l’entreprise du Burkina Faso (MEBF)
Country : Burkina Faso
Project status : closed
BPF financing : 63 650 €
- Burkina Faso: 20 million inhabitants, 146th economy out of 190 in 2017
- The Maison de l’Entreprise du Burkina Faso aims to participate in the development of a strong and competitive private sector
- 8 000 businesses created in Burkina Faso each year, with 17% (1 360) of these businesses closing
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT :
To put online a platform with embedded intelligence, which allows MEBF staff, as well as entrepreneurs, to create business plans for the creation of a new company or the consolidation of an existing business, or even the search for financing.
This project has resulted in an online application that allows:
- To create a business plan by filling out an intelligent online questionnaire;
- To access the notices and information useful for the production of a business plan;
- To assist entrepreneurs in the production of their business plan;
- To create a synergy between the MEBF and the financing structures
EXPECTED and ACHIEVED RESULTS :
The deliverables of this application were the following:
- An online questionnaire designed by Jway based on MEBF information and multiple good practices from credible sources;
- A Business Plan in PDF version generated by the online platform;
- A process charter presenting the different logical schemas of the system;
- A general notice prepared by the MEBF for the entrepreneur;
- A customer portal, for entrepreneurs and Business Analysts;
- An expert portal, for MEBF staff.
The tool has remained for internal use although it was initially planned to make it available to project leaders, which limits the scope of the initial project. Nevertheless, the digital business plan allows for the standardisation of submissions.
Beyond the project itself, Jway was able to capitalise on this project as follows:
- This project allowed Jway to initiate its African activities, by recruiting a manager for Jway’s new African subsidiary;
- The project has enabled the training of 3 people who are now competent in the technology developed by Jway in Africa;
- Jway Africa has initiated a new e-Business Plan project with APME of Cameroon, transferring the solution developed in partnership with MEBF, and creating business and replication opportunities beyond Burkina Faso;
- Based on these experiences, the Jway Africa subsidiary won the e-Visa project in Chad;
- Jway’s African operations will be profitable as of 2020.